General Counsel Forum
The General Counsel Forum will provide attendees the opportunity to learn from thought leaders about issues they face in their daily practice.
- This stimulating and interactive two-day program will explore:
- Using dynamic leadership principles to lead teams, create innovation, and improve decision-making.
- The changing role of general counsel: from legal counsel to strategic business partner.
- Up-to-the-minute developments in legal topics affecting companies across industries, including: cybersecurity and data privacy, regulatory enforcement priorities, and international discovery and privacy.
Scheduled to Speak:
- Thomas M. Moriarty, Executive Vice President, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer, and General Counsel, CVS Health
- Dan Troy, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, GlaxoSmithKline
- Sven Erik Holmes, Vice Chair of Legal, Risk and Regulatory, KPMG LLP
- Elizabeth D. Moore, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Consolidated Edison, Inc.
- Margaret Garnett, Executive Deputy Attorney General for Criminal Justice, Office of the New York Attorney General
- Matthew C. Waxman, Liviu Librescu Professor of Law faculty chair of the National Security Law Program, Columbia Law School
- Denise E. Backhouse, eDiscovery Counsel and Shareholder, Littler Mendelson
This program is a unique opportunity to learn from colleagues and experts.
- Maximize your leadership skills by enhancing your awareness of management styles and strengths, increasing your understanding of organizational culture, and learning how to develop stronger teams.
- Learn how to harness data insights to make strategic decisions.
- Discuss topics of concern to general counsel in a collegial environment that fosters lively discourse, candor, and reflection.
Who Should Attend
- General Counsel and Chief Legal Officers from any industry.
- High-level in-house attorneys.
June 6-7, 2018 | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Format: Live, in-person; Columbia Law School, Jerome Greene Hall
Program Fee: $3,750
The program fee includes course materials, and breakfast and lunch for each day of the seminar. A reception will follow the program on the evening of June 6th.
*15% Discount for Columbia Alumni*
*Discounted program fee for government and non-profit organizations*
Please contact CLSExecEd@law.columbia.edu for more information.
** Application for New York accreditation of this course program is currently pending. **
Columbia Law School has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Board as an Accredited Provider of CLE programs. Courses qualifying for CLE for newly admitted attorneys, for experienced attorneys, or for both, are identified in conjunction with each course’s description. CLS provides a New York CLE Certificate of Attendance to attorneys in accordance with applicable regulations and guidelines, including those regarding verification of attendance.
Persons seeking a hardship scholarship should register using the online form and then separately complete their registration by submitting a scholarship request, no later than May 30, 2017, to Columbia Law School Executive Education at CLSExecEd@law.columbia.edu. Requests, which will be answered, should detail in a few sentences the basis of the applicant's need and the background to his or her interest. Please understand that without a complete scholarship request, the applicant may be notified that the scholarship registration has been cancelled.
Please refer to the agenda for specific information regarding the CLE credit available for this program. Please contact us at CLSExecEd@law.columbia.edu with questions. For general information regarding New York CLE credit, please contact the New York Continuing Legal Education Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.