General Counsel Forum
The General Counsel Forum will provide attendees the opportunity to learn from thought leaders about issues they face in their daily practice.
- This stimulating and interactive two-day program will explore:
- Using dynamic leadership principles to lead teams, create innovation, and improve decision-making.
- The changing role of general counsel: from legal counsel to strategic business partner.
- Up-to-the-minute developments in legal topics affecting companies across industries, including: cybersecurity and data privacy, regulatory enforcement priorities, and international discovery and privacy.
Please see the agenda, here.
Columbia Law School Faculty
- Anu Bradford, Henry L. Moses Professor of Law and International Organization
- Edward Morrison, Charles Evans Gerber Professor of Law
- Delphine Nougayrede, Lecturer in Law
- Matthew C. Waxman, Liviu Librescu Professor of Law, faculty chair of the National Security Law Program
- Thomas M. Moriarty, Executive Vice President, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer, and General Counsel, CVS Health
- Dan Troy, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, GlaxoSmithKline
- Sven Erik Holmes, Vice Chair of Legal, Risk and Regulatory, KPMG LLP
- Elizabeth D. Moore, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Consolidated Edison, Inc.
- Harlan Levy, Boies Schiller
- Christopher Allen, Cozen O'Connor
- Margaret Garnett, Executive Deputy Attorney General for Criminal Justice, Office of the New York Attorney General
- Sandra Moser, Acting Chief, Fraud Section, Department of Justice, Criminal Division
- Denise E. Backhouse, eDiscovery Counsel and Shareholder, Littler Mendelson
This program is a unique opportunity to learn from colleagues and experts.
- Maximize your leadership skills by enhancing your awareness of management styles and strengths, increasing your understanding of organizational culture, and learning how to develop stronger teams.
- Learn how to harness data insights to make strategic decisions.
- Discuss topics of concern to general counsel in a collegial environment that fosters lively discourse, candor, and reflection.
Who Should Attend
- General Counsel and Chief Legal Officers from any industry.
- High-level in-house attorneys.
June 6-7, 2018 | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Format: Live, in-person; Columbia Law School, William and June Warren Hall Room 101, 1125 Amsterdam Avenue
Program Fee: First-Time Registrants - $1,200
The program fee includes course materials, and breakfast and lunch for each day of the seminar. A reception will follow the program on the evening of June 6th.
*20% Discount for Columbia Alumni*
*Discounted program fee for government and non-profit organizations*
Please contact CLSExecEd@law.columbia.edu for more information.
Information Regarding New York CLE Credits:
Columbia Law School has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Board as an Accredited Provider of CLE programs. Under New York State CLE regulations, this live non-transitional CLE Program will provide 9 credit hours that can be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement and 1 credit hour that can be applied toward the Law Practice Management requirement. This CLE credit is awarded only to New York attorneys for full attendance of the Program in its entirety. Attorneys attending only part of the program are not eligible for partial credit. Attendance is determined by an attorney's sign-in and sign-out, as shown in the Conference registers. On final sign-out, attorneys should also submit their completed Evaluation Form, provided at the Conference. Please note the NYS Certificates of Attendance will be sent to the email address as it appears in the register unless otherwise noted there.